105 Ways To Find Direct Sales Bookings (Formerly 63)
Originally 63 ways to find bookings, this page is constantly growing!
Get Bookings Outside Your Show
There probably are more than 105 ways to find leads outside of your shows but this was all we could think of today.
It is essential that every direct sales business owner has multiple systems to generate a continuous supply of leads.
This list should give you some good ideas.
If you need more ideas you may want to check out these pages as well:
- This page discusses more about how to get bookings for home parties.
- The Direct Sales Bookings University is part of the Cash Flow Show Direct Selling Training Club. It includes detailed video training on all of these direct sales booking ideas.
Direct Sales Leads For ALL Business Models
If your company does not do home party shows please do not rule yourself out.
These booking ideas are a great way to find leads for any business and will work in all companies!
105 Direct Sales Bookings Ideas
Please add YOUR direct sales booking tips in the comment section below because I am sure that there are MORE ways than this to get bookings!
- Realtors, mortgage broker, home remodeling gifts
- Home owners’ organization clubhouse shows
- Bingo: donate gifts to fill basket bingo
- Use your catalog (with stickers) not your business card
- Provide a bimonthly informative newsletter that brings value to your customers and contacts
- Have an open house (but call it a practice show) & invite everyone you meet for 3 weeks before the show (get follow-up numbers)
- Leave old catalogs (with stickers) in waiting rooms all over town
- Attend fairs, expos, food festivals as a guest and network with the vendors
- Put up fishbowl prize drawings at businesses
- Start your own local TV show on Community Access TV or a YouTube Channel – or both!
- Hang posters on community bulletin boards
- Send a press release out once a month
- Change hair, nail, spa salons every time you go
- Conduct “It’s Customer Service Week” calls every day to past customers using the customer centric-customer care script
- Hold a transition party when the catalog changes: open your products at the show
- Tell the HO if you are bilingual
- Do video tape shows, instead of catalog shows
- Hold A WOW Party: Within One Week everyone knows what they are doing next week!
- Teach classes at the gym, grocery store, doctor
- Run for public office and meet TONS of potential hosts!
- Offer yourself as a FREE public speaker
- Start a campaign to offer yourself as bridal shower organizer/presenter. Stop in at bridal shops regularly and ask them if you can be their go-to person.
- Swap business services with other businesses or consultants
- Attend fairs, expos, food festivals as a vendor
- Hang out at the (kitchen tool, makeup, toy, etc.) aisle at your local department store and strike up conversations
- Join a Chamber and take advantage of all the membership benefits
- Visit Chamber of Commerce networking events as a guest
- Get a book at the Chamber of Commerce for non-profit organizations
- Don’t forget special interest or small town Chambers for all of the above: Become a Chamber hopper!
- Join network marketing support groups
- Visit networking support groups as a guest (a different one each month)
- Offer your services at the community center, Spanish center, etc.
- Set up a table on neighborhood yard sale days
- Bring cookies -You always get what you want when you bring cookies
- Offer business luncheon shows
- Strike up conversations at McDonald’s play land, parks
- Ask for referrals for/from other companies or services providers
- Do fundraiser shows in front of the grocery store
- Talk to schools, fund-raisers, catalog in teachers’ lounge, show before PTA meeting
- Put displays at bridal locations
- Promote kids’ birthday parties (you are the entertainment)
- Help the girl/boy scouts get badges
- Take a branded traveling office with you everywhere (people will see you working and ask)
- Hold tailgate parties at sports events
- Give out gift cards or contact info on Halloween with the candy
- Include contact information on the back of your holiday cards
- Run a weekly/monthly/quarterly prize drawing and invite people you meet out and about to join
- Carry little gift bags everywhere you go to hand out (always get contact info when you give a gift)
- Stop at every car wash/bake sale fund-raiser; buy something then ask about their cause
- Set up a table at your bank: many banks have a ‘highlight a local business table’ so start a campaign to inquire
- Contact churches, advertise in church bulletin, fund-raisers
- Routinely perform “Out Of The Box” calls to check in, be sure they are using their items and offer use and care advice
- Trade home parties with other consultants in other companies
- Offer your demo services at stores, gyms or other related businesses to provide value to them
- Take your product with you to events whenever possible.
- Advertise in football or music programs, alumni newsletters
- Trade services/referrals with other direct sales consultants in non-competitive companies by handing out each others’ mini-brochures
- Contact colleges for opportunity events & you will get bookings too
- Wish 2 people happy birthday every day in social sites using birthday coupons & include a bookings upsell
- Contact past purchasers about appropriate upcoming specials based on their past purchase
- Pamper a Business day at your dentist, doctor, or any business
- Go to sports events and connect with the band booster clubs
- Tape your grocery list to a catalog to go shopping with
- Schedule your own shows in restaurants or bars for fund-raisers, women’s night out or just for fun (motorcycle clubs love bar shows!)
- Have custom note cards made with your business info on the back (or use a service for sending cards that customizes them for your business)
- Move into new neighborhoods by offering a get-to-know-the-neighbor residential community show
- Offer “last week of school” teacher shows to celebrate all the teachers who have a birthday, baby shower or wedding over the summer
- Offer entertainment workshops or fundraisers to apartment complexes
- Hold a customer appreciation New Year’s party or holiday party the last week or the first week of the year (or in August)
- Ask the manager of apartment complexes or condo communities if you can distribute fliers
- Hook up with the local welcome “wagon” and put something in their basket (it is not called that any more but many communities have one)
- Join MeetUp.com groups in your business niche or hobbies
- Offer entertainment workshops or fundraisers to condo – resident groups
- Offer entertainment workshops or fundraisers to employee relations committees (all hospitals have them)
- If your company allows it, use FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn, Pinterest (all social sites); use them consistently… they really work!
- If your company allows it, start a blog to share about your products, opportunity and services. Why Blog?
- Brand your car with a magnet or a decal and be loud and proud in a roving billboard!
- Create a system of texting for bookings to one contact group per week – every week!
- Check out ads (online and off) for those who offer daycare in their homes. A lot of home daycare providers are interested in fundraisers!
- Ask for (and give a gift for) booking referrals from friends, family, guests at shows, etc.
- Attend political town meetings, fundraiser or activist events as a supporter to meet new and influential people
- Put an ad in your local paper or community bulletin merchant buy-sell-trade paper
- Offer retirement home or assisted living parties for holiday shopping
- Put your company name on your mailbox
- Write “Ask Me For A Brochure” on one of your company logo bags, fill it with catalogs and take it everywhere you go
- Hold 1 plus 2 coffee break parties with two friends. (The host invites a friend and meets with you for 30 minutes.)
- Buy Leads… NO! Get Them FREE at the court house! Access public records of new home sales!
- Make “thank you for coming” follow up calls within 2 days of every show. 20% will book a party!
- Hang door knob promotions (or catalogs) on all the doors in a new neighborhood
- Create tear off poster campaign to hang in “Ladies’ Night” locations such as bars or restaurants
- Carry a photo brag bag instead of a purse.
- Participate in quarter auctions if it is legal in your state – they really are powerful booking tools!
- Donate bookmarks to libraries, clubs or groups with your message on one side and their message on the other.
- Set aside one day every month for multiple hostess shows so you have a great resource for almost any excuse!
- Include your (live and online) party information & benefits in with things you sell on Ebay or other online auctions.
- Start a layaway Christmas club
- Invest in promotional pens and hand out to special people!
- Create a value packed PDF electronic book (e-book) that includes bookings promotions and a call to action
- Host a ladies night out at your church (or any church)
- Host a ‘trunk show’ – throw open your trunk and set up a display in store parking lots for those passing by
- Hold your own charity events and offer bookings bonuses
- Become the ‘welcome to the community’ welcome committee in your area and visit all newcomers
- Write a guest post for leads
- Practice child marketing by letting your kids carry and play with your business cards. They are very proactive at handing them out!
- Take one idea from this list of direct sales bookings ideas and implement a new one or two each week in a strategic action plan
Want More Information On These Direct Sales Bookings Techniques?
The Cash Flow ShowDirect Selling Training Club includes the Direct Sales Bookings University which goes into extensive detail on all of these booking ideas.
You deserve a solid show schedule and utilizing all of the resources available will get you there.
Add Your Direct Sales Bookings Ideas
We are always adding to the list…
If you can think of anything we missed please share them in the comment section below!
With 105 ways to find bookings (I am sure we will add more) there is no reason not to have enough business because there really are UNLIMITED leads out there!
Are you willing to go out and get them?
Like this post?
Join the RSS feed and get an email every time we post a new article. We add 3 new home party training articles per week.