Networking Games To Connect Team
In the 21st century I cannot imagine any team being ONLY local. Technology has changed that forever!
It is more important than ever to develop local and long distance team camaraderie!
Special effort must be made to connect all your consultants around the country or around the world, no matter how far you personally live from each other.
Just like at your local meeting, every meeting should include: education, recognition, friendship and networking.
Incorporate the networking games below into your meeting and become an expert at team meeting planning. You will have a team of friends who are connected around the world!
Networking Games To Connect Team
The training and education part aside, one of the most important parts of a meeting is to create the friendship connection between team members by incorporating networking and games into your meeting.
Make sure that just because you are running a web-based meeting that you do not forget the friendship piece.
Friends don’t let friends down! When you put systems into place to create long distance friendships and connect the long distance team to the local team you will improve team retention!
There are many ways to create these friendships or connections for long distance meetings.
- Allow team members to ask questions and introduce themselves. Be sure to have a conference bridge that makes that easy.
- When you are doing team recognition on a webinar, put up pictures of those being honored as you talk.
- Bring your local consultants onto the training teleseminar to share a topic that they shared at the live meeting.
- Ask long distance consultants to speak at the technology-based meeting and also via remote speaker at the live meetings.
- Conduct a ‘continuing education’ teleclass series for super starters launching a new one every six weeks. Conduct the education curriculum in such a way that everyone shares and has engaging conversations during the calls. Encourage them to connect between the meetings too.
- Play networking games between the digital meetings.
Connect A Long Distance Team
There are many networking games that can be modified a bit to be played by long distance consultants between online meetings.
Two that I can think of are:
- Basket Buddies: Put all the names of your consultants into a basket, bowl, tote or other product from your line. Pick names for each consultant to be a “Basket Buddy.” Then set up some challenges for them to call and talk about periodically each month. Rotate the “Basket Buddies” each 30 day period and have different topics of discussion.
- The “I’m Awesome | This is Terrific” game is a fun long-distance networking game that can be played periodically in different variations to create friendships. In this game people are assigned a new name.
One team member’s new name is Awesome and the other team members new name is Terrific.
They are assigned to call their new friend once a week and only call her/him by the new name. Like this: “Hi Terrific, this is Awesome… how are you today? Fine thank you, Awesome, and you?” The only rules are that they must use ONLY their new names and ONLY talk about positive things, or at least solutions rather than problems.
Both of these networking games create long distance friendships.
Your team will want to come to conference to meet their basket buddy or awesome friend in real life!