Team Customer Service Calls – They Are Customers Too!
As a team leader it is important to remember that your team members are your customers too!
How are your team customer service practices?
Team Customer Service
We often are told by the home office to do customer service calls to our clients but what about your team?
They may be friends but they are your clients too!
The time to reach out to your team is not when you are trying to promote or when you need them to step it up at the end of the month. Don’t wait until you are doing coaching calls to reach out.
Have you thought about periodic customer centric customer service calls?
Customer service is all about the customer.
- What can you do for them?
- How can you better serve their needs?
I recommend that you read the other article on customer centric customer service then come back and finish this one.
Individual Team Service Script
Write a focused team service script that you can use to prompt your team to honestly share and give you feedback.
Examples of a team focused customer service script may include questions like these:
- Now that you have been with MyFantasticCompany for ______ years/ months, how are you feeling about the company?
- What have you been surprised about since joining?
- I know you signed on to ________ , is that still important to you?
- Have you been disappointed in any part of your business?
- Have you felt supported by me and/or the company in the ways that are important to you?
- What you would like to see in your business for the future?
- How can I best support you in that?
Team Call Script
A team customer service script that puts the focus on the individual as opposed to your expectations will allow them to open up to you.
Listen carefully and wait for the windows of opportunity to serve and you will get what you want too.
Chances are if you conduct periodic team customer service, when the time comes that you really do need to know the end of the month numbers, they will be more open and you will feel less needy about asking!