Convention Attendance Team Incentives
How would you like to have more of your consultants at the national convention next year?
When you run year round team team incentives that generate interest in conferences, then you will have more attendees at these important events.
You may want to also read our page on planning sales incentives so you take all the facts into account before rolling out your event.
The members of your team who actually do attend national will be your future sales, bookings and recruiting superstars.
Studies have shown that convention attendees:
- have a higher show average
- get more bookings at shows
- are better recruiters
In addition they are more likely than non-attendees to move up the ladder to the next level in the months after going to national events.
You can impact the number of people on your team who attend the annual or regional sales meetings by marketing the event all year with sales team incentives.
Run Direct Sales Team Incentives All Year
Market your convention to your direct sales consultants through year long team incentives so that they always know the date long in advance! This approach to marketing your event is similar to one I posted a couple of weeks ago.
“Pitcher Your Self at National Conference” and “Go Hog Wild Over National Conference” both work the same way.
They are both a combination of sales consultant incentives and sales consultant saving plan.
The goal is that you hype up the event all year and have ongoing team incentives that supplement the savings that they are putting into their hog (piggy bank).
Team Incentive Ideas
Some ideas on how your team incentive would work:
- Get some inexpensive piggy banks at the dollar store.
- Make a big hoopla to kick off your program.
- Give everyone a hog (piggy bank): The game is all about the fun in the process. They do not need to commit to going to convention now, they just play the games that you create.
- Each sales consultant saves their pocket change all year and you add fun and some crazy incentives and the hype. Later if they decide not to go, then they can invest the money in their business in other ways.
- Make a big hoopla about the “Go Hog Wild Over National Conference” incentive at all your meetings after that.
- Continue to give out pigs at every meeting.
- Each month offer a new incentive to play.
- Have a hog weigh in at every meeting.
- Go hog wild marketing your “Go Hog Wild” program in the newsletter, on Facebook, at the meetings, all the time.
- Offer fake money called “Deb’s Dough” or something similar for achieving certain goals. The dollars are either matching, or special prizes for special things, like having a $1000 month, etc. The “Team Dollars” only get spent AT convention though.
- By the end of the year your team will have all the money that they need for the trip.
You could have many different games or activities at your monthly meetings.
- Name Your Hog
- Dress Your Hog
- Other fun and crazy activities to keep the “Go Hog Wild” team incentive exciting.
You will be amazed at how much people get into this!!
Most people do not go to convention because they do not have the money or at least that is the excuse.
This system will get the date on the calendar and totally invalidate that excuse.
Direct Sales Consultant’s Save For convention
Both “Go Hog Wild” and “Pitcher Your Self” conference incentive are the same concept.
Your direct sales consultants are saving their change without making a commitment to actually go.
You are helping out with incentives to augment the savings. These can be something like:
- Earn “Deb’s Dough” for doing XYZ
- Matching funds like a 401(k) when they get to the national event: Save $X (in the hog) and actually go to conference and I would match up to 2% (or whatever) with a limit. Like a 401(k)
- Get a FREE gift after saving $X
- Be creative!
Figure out your cost before you offer your incentive. Look at what you can afford based on the number of people who went last year and what you hope to attain this year with an increase and what that will end up costing. If they do not go then they do not get the match.
The hype keeps people thinking and planning all year.
I guarantee that both the “Pitcher Yourself” and the “Go Hog Wild” team meeting incentives WILL increase your number of reps at national convention.
Sales & Business Training For Your Team
Grow your team with direct sales expert Deb Bixler.
Whether you are interested in recruiting, finding business, increasing sales, show presentation skills or all of the above, order a custom-designed series of tele-seminars for your sales organization, Deb will show your team how to reach their business goals!