Use FORM Acronym: Online & Off
Connecting with people online and in real life is as simple as using the FORM acronym in conversations.
FORM is an acronym which stands for:
The FORM Acronym
You can use the FORM acronym to drive your conversations.
Everyone loves to talk about family, work, their hobbies and passions.
When you remember ask about family, occupation, recreation and motivation you will always have something to talk about!
In live events this makes conversation easy. Even if you do not know someone well you do know what they care about… FORM! So, just ask about one!
It is sometimes easier online because people post their FORM for all to see!
Develop more personal relationships online by asking questions, sharing common interests, complimenting their children, etc..
Whether you are online or offline sales is relationship building.
When you keep the focus on others using the 10 second rule and always ending in a question – and never go for the close without them giving you a window of opportunity – sooner or later you will be able to find a need you can serve!
Next time you meet someone new and you feel that awkward silence try some of these:
- Tell me about your family . . .
- What is it like being the only girl/boy/ in the family?
- How did you meet your husband/wife?
- What’s it like having twins?
- What do you do for a living?
- Tell me more about your home business…
- How long have you been with that company?
- What made you go into that line of work?
- Do you follow sports?
- I also enjoy…. how did you get started in it?
- What is your favorite type of food/restaurant?
- My hobby is…. how do you spend your time when not working?
- My passion is skiing, I would ski 7 days a week if I did not have to work… how about you?
- Aside from work and recreation, what is really important to you?
- What in the past has made you the happiest?
When I first started in direct sales I went to a Belinda Ellsworth event and she gave out a tracking form for the FORM acronym.
Download The Full Sized Tracking Form Here!
(PC: Right click then save as | Mobile: Click and hold)
Over the years I have used it to track recruit leads, then new distributors and now coaching clients. I have found it to be really handy to know exactly where to find each piece of information which is important to each team member or client at a moment’s notice.
Practice using the FORM acronym in your relationships online and in real life settings and it will become second nature!