Follow Up System To Manage Leads
The best follow up system I have found to manage leads is not to manage them.
That sounds silly, I know…
I recommend that you do your best to date shows, close deals, and follow up on every lead at the party or in the first moment of contact!
If that is not possible then within 24-48 hours of your initial contact.
In this way you will keep the clutter down in your office, you will minimize your future work and you will be contacting/talking with leads who remember you!
It is important that your customers actually remember why they were interested in one of your services.
The Best Follow Up System
The best follow up system is to do it NOW!
Leads become cold when they no longer remember why on earth they said that they were interested in whatever it is you are offering.
- When you meet recruit leads at the show, I would recommend dating your appointments for new consultant interviews at the show. Better yet, sign them up at the show!!
- Date shows at the show. When you keep yourself focused on the fact that you are a professional business owner with a leader’s attitude and you do not NEED their business, then it will be easy to date shows at the show.
Just like the dentist who schedules your next cleaning before you leave the office, you too can manage your calendar professionally at the show and then not allow leads to get cold.
Sometimes just learning the right words will get them to pick a date or make a commitment to what you are offering.
Many leads will not say no to you.
So, if, after a nice conversation, the potential customer, host, or sales rep says “Call me in 3 weeks?” (or 6 months or whatever they say) a good reply might be:
- “You know, that is OK, it sounds like this really isn’t for you…. If you change your mind, why don’t you give me a call…” You are professional and not getting strung along from someone who just cannot say no.
- A system of eliminating cold leads on your list is to ask the client if they want to be considered a lead. Say, “Would you like for me to keep you on my call back list or would you prefer to call me when you are ready?”
This technique of letting go, letting them say no, often prompts them to say yes.
Customer Follow Up Systems
There will be occasions to make calls from home whether you met the people at a show, fair, expo, public speaking engagement or at the mall.
Make those calls within 24 hours of the meeting, while they are still connected to you.
When you have leads that you have to track for the future, make sure that your system brings the leads to the top of the pile effortlessly when it is the appointed time.
Some effective customer follow up systems of lead tracking are:
- Rolling contact list
- Outlook or other email client calendars
- Hand held data systems
- Your company’s software program
- The Client Angel: This is a direct sales software that works for reminding you of everything under the sun. It is an Angel for keeping track of your clients.
- And my favorite: a file box for index cards with a tab for each month and a tab numbered after each month 1-4. Talk to someone today, make a note, and drop the card behind the week number for the appropriate month for the call back.
Use Newsletter System For Follow Up
A monthly newsletter for business leads that do not necessarily need a call back is essential. Create a routine of adding value to the lives of your customers via a newsletter.
This could be a text tip of the month, an email newsletter or online group in Facebook or on your blog.
Staying in front of your customers on a monthly basis is without a doubt the most valuable of all continuous contact systems.
If you have not done so yet, start your database for the newsletter. Just begin with a couple of contacts and start your monthly newsletter. Even if you only have a couple of names, start sending out a newsletter that brings value to your customers.
When you gather the email of every guest at your shows, every product user, every contact, and just continuously add them into your address group, it will be a short time until you have hundreds if not thousands of LEADS in your data base.
Send out your newsletter consistently with customer service-related information and some marketing as well.
You will generate sales from every newsletter you send out and you will also provide a service to your customers. Some will call you with product issues, and others will think of you next time they have a need.
When you put a system in place to keep the newsletter in front of your clients monthly, it will turn your leads into sales, shows, and new consultants.