Time Management Tips For Party Plan ConsultantsPosted by Deb Bixler
Lynsey has been in the party plan industry for 13 years, during which she ranked as one of the top 3 distributors in both sales and recruiting within her organization, but she still struggled with finding balance between work and home. It is from that struggle that she created The Diva Success System.
Lynsey Jones, Party Plan Divas
One of the most common complaints I hear from struggling party plan consultants is feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and feeling like there is not enough “time” for everything they want to do.
Between doing the 3 basics required for success….
- Gardening (Marketing) Their Business
- Coaching Their Hostesses
- Working With Their Team…
I mean, how do you find the time to do all of these things!?
5 “Ps” Time Management Tips For Success
The Diva Success System is a time management system designed specifically for the direct sales industry to tackle just that – your TIME!
Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Preparation – First and foremost you need to always be PREPARED for your business. Opportunity likes to arrive when you least expect it, and not being prepared can easily throw you off course. The foundation of the Party Plan Divas Diva Success System lays out a schedule for making sure you are always prepared for business by having premade Hostess Packets, Promotional Gifts, etc. When you are always prepared, you will never find yourself scrambling around trying to throw things together.
- Persistence – The Direct Sales industry is simple… but it isn’t “easy.” Constant, consistent effort is needed to really make your business grow. Sometimes you may not see the “fruit of your labor” until sometime after you have completed the task. You have to have the faith in your products, your company, and your opportunity and continue to work your business even if you have not seen success just yet. Be consistent and persistent in your efforts, and success will come.
- Priorities – When it comes to Time Management, you must remind yourself of your priorities again and again and make sure that your actions are congruent with your goals. That may mean making your business a priority over watching TV or going to lunch every day with girlfriends. The good news about that is there will come a time when your business runs smoothly and your time is managed in such a way that you have the “fun stuff” scheduled in, and it will never set you behind.
- Perseverance – Much like persistence, you must also have Perseverance to push through the “not so fun” days of the Direct Sales Industry. This business is not always sunshine and rainbows – nor is any other occupation – so you must have the commitment to persevere through the tough days. Many Consultants get discouraged and quit their Party Plan Businesses feeling like failures. You must be able to persevere in this “survival of the fittest” industry, to rise to the top.
- Patience – This may be one of the most important traits for any Party Plan Consultant. This business takes some TIME to grow and most consultants “quite before payday” because they get burnt out and tired because they do not manage their time well. If you are just starting with a new schedule or time management system, you must make sure you are giving that time to work as well. As with anything new, it will take some time to adjust and get used to a new way of doing business.
It is something you have created by repeating the same behaviors over and over again, until now it is almost impossible to change – but you can change. Like any habit, the only way to successfully change your habit is to replace it with another, positive habit – one of focus, priorities, schedule, and ultimately success over your time.
Lynsey Jones, The Party Plan Diva Coach
As a wife and mother of two daughters and four dogs, Lynsey continues to do parties with her own party plan business, staying “in the trenches” with the party plan industry as she trains other in her coaching business with Party Plan Divas, Inc
Join us this week when we interview Lynsey Jones, LIVE and help you solve your time management problems on the CashFlowShow – Home Party Plan Radio.