How To Hold Facebook Parties: Download Checklist
Offering a wide variety of services and different types of parties such as Facebook parties is another way to reach all types of people!
Facebook has become a social media giant! Not only should you use Facebook to market your business but you should also offer Facebook parties as another service for clients to choose from!
Why Hold Facebook Parties?
- Appeal to different people
- Increase monthly sales
- Hold more parties each month
- Hold a Mystery Hostess Party – offer those who place an order in your FB party the chance to be entered to win the hostess benefits!
- Reduce Cancellations
- Wintery Weather – not a problem anymore!
- Sick children – for you or the hostess
- Not many people coming to the party – offer the Facebook option in conjunction with the live party!
Facebook Parties – Getting Started
The process is simple, but requires a definite plan!
- Set up an event on your Facebook business page – everything happens inside the event. Read another article on why you use your business page and not your profile.
- Pick an actual appointed time for the event. About 45 minutes should be about right then plan to close the party within 24 hours.
- Invite your hostess as a co-host within the event during set up so that s/he may invite her friends. There is no limit to the number because she doesn’t have to worry about fitting them all in her living room! Tell your hostess that personal invitations work best rather than messaging 57 people at once!
- Be sure to hostess coach your online parties too. The host needs your guidance just like a live party host does.
- Depending on how far out the party is, post something regularly – even daily in the event… without marketing!
- Your lead up posts should be fun and informative – a quote, a picture, a quick tip, etc.
- Greet every new attendee! Just like at a real party you should make them feel welcome!
- Post the morning of, and an hour before the event is to start as a reminder.
- Post something on your public wall about 15 minutes prior to the event and tag the hostess about how excited you are for her Facebook party – her friends will see it!
Your lead in posts can be public and encourage people to join the event if you want. Once someone joins as a yes or maybe then they will continue to be notified of the event posts and hopefully they will be reminded to join in the fun at the appointed time.
Once the event starts, everything happens within the event.
Make An Event Plan
Your Facebook parties’ success depends on your set up and organization.
Spend time planning and getting organized in advance by creating an agenda. Organize all the posts, URLS, photos, videos and games that you want to share in advance.
It is important to realize that like a live event you can not show your whole catalog.
- What groups of products do you want to focus on?
- What products are coveted and create desire for bookings?
Think about what you want to accomplish and pick out 4-6 products or collections to feature then of course they can look at the whole catalog, just like at a live event.
Here are examples of possible posts:
- Post a You Tube video of a popular song and let the guests “jam” before you start
- Welcome FB live stream or video – using the hostess’s name, welcome them, let them know how it will work and that this is going to be fun
- Ask for participation by “liking” or commenting – put names into a drawing for a free prize
- Quick video clip (3-5 min) about your product, monthly special, delivery – any important details
- Show images of products you want to focus on, customer special, hostess benefits, new teammate perks – topics you’d be sure to cover at a home party
- Extra posts – follow you on your fan page, Pinterest, Twitter…
- Stop in the middle and post – Are you having fun? What’s your favorite __?
- Optional second video of a product or testimony
- Special incentive if they order before a certain time
- Let’s shop – add your online shop page or email for orders, remind them of the sale/special
- Listen while you shop – post another song link
- Let them know when the party will close, how to get in touch with you
- Thank you!
You may want to consider an online scheduling tool such as CinchShare so that you can have your posts roll out during the party automatically.
This CinchShare coupon code [ debcinchfree ] will give you a month free instead of their normal 7 days.
The use of a scheduling service frees you up for engagement with your guests and also makes the event easier to repeat! There are many but CinchShare is specifically designed for direct sellers.
Facebook Party Tips
A Facebook online party can be successful and remember that it takes effort just like a live party.
Download this PDF worksheet as a guide to organizing your Facebook parties.
(PC: Right click then save | Mobile: Click and hold)
11 Online Party Tips:
- Have everything ready BEFORE the event – take the time to set it up and organize it in one location on your PC, then you can use it over and over!
- You need to be on the ball and everything will go smother and quicker if you work from a PC or laptop.
- Post daily leading up to the event.
- Post the morning of the event and an hour prior.
- Once the event starts you may want to number the posts so that people can see or find them in order. You can also reference the number of a past post if someone has a question that was already answered.
- Tell people how it works and what they should do.
- Have everything ready BEFORE the event – take the time to set it up, then you can use it over and over!
- Make your photos FUN, Colorful and Inviting! Use sites like Picmonkey to add text or make collages of multiple images.
- Include your website URL or brand on every image.
- Make your own ecards (so popular on Facebook) and create it around your product/hosting/business
- Create a word doc to have all of your posts typed out and what picture you are posting with it so you can copy and paste right into the event to help you go faster once the event starts
Did YOU Ever Hold An Online Party?
Facebook parties are a great EXTRA for your business but by no means replace the in home parties. (I just want to make that “disclaimer”) :)
What kinds of tips can you share about holding and online or Facebook party?
Did you ever have one?
If so, please share in the comment section below about your experiences!