How To Hold A Facebook Home PartyPosted by Jill Lynch
Are you looking for a way to increase your sales, reduce your cancellation rate and reach more people with your business?
Try a Facebook party!
Facebook has become a social media giant and not only can you use Facebook to market your business, now you can hold parties on Facebook!
WHY Hold A Facebook Party?
- Increase sales
- Hold more parties each month
- Hold a Mystery Hostess Party – offer those who place an order in your FB party the chance to be entered to win the hostess benefits!
- Reduce Cancellations
- Wintery Weather – not a problem anymore!
- Sick children – for you or the hostess
- Not many people coming to the party – hostess can definitely OVER invite on a Facebook party!
How A Facebook Party Works
The process is simple. This is how a Facebook party works:
- Set up an event in Facebook – everything happens inside the event.
- Invite your hostess and have her invite as many friends as she’d like – no limit, she doesn’t have to worry about fitting them all in her living room!
- Depending on how far out the party is, post something regularly in the event… without marketing!
- Avoid posts about monthly specials or having a party, add something fun – a quote, a picture, etc.
- Post the morning of, and an hour before to remind.
- Post something on your wall, tagging your hostess about how excited you are for her Facebook party – her friends will see it! (about 15 minutes prior to the event)
Invited friends will see your posts, and if they haven’t decided on whether or not to attend the party, your posts might make the difference.
Once the event starts, everything is within the event.
Set Up Online Party Success
Your online party success depends on your set up and organization. You’ll need to spend time setting up the photos you want to post and creating at least one video.
Here are examples of what to post in the event:
- Post a You Tube video of a popular song and let the guests “jam” before you start
- Welcome video – using the hostess’s name, welcome them, let them know how it will work and that this is going to be fun
- Ask for participation by “liking” or commenting – put names into a drawing for a free prize
- Quick video clip (3-5 min) about your product, monthly special, delivery – any important details
- Show images of products you want to focus on, customer special, hostess benefits, new teammate perks – topics you’d be sure to cover at a home party
- Extra posts – follow you on your fan page, Pinterest, Twitter…
- Stop in the middle and post – Are you having fun? What’s your favorite __?
- Optional second video of a product or testimony
- Special incentive if they order before a certain time
- Let’s shop – add your online shop page or email for orders, remind them of the sale/special
- Listen while you shop – post another song link
- Let them know when the party will close, how to get in touch with you
- Thank you!
Online Party Tips
An online party can be successful and remember that it takes effort just like a live party.
4 Online Party Tips:
- Have everything ready BEFORE the event – take the time to set it up, then you can use it over and over!
- Make your photos FUN, Colorful and Inviting! Use sites like Picmonkey to add text or make collages of multiple images.
- Make your own ecards (so popular on Facebook) and create it around your product/hosting/business
- Create a word doc to have all of your posts typed out and what picture you are posting with it so you can copy and paste right into the event to help you go faster once the event starts
Did YOU Ever Hold An Online Or Facebook Party?
Facebook parties are a great EXTRA for your business but by no means replace the in home parties. (I just want to make that “disclaimer”)
As a lia sophia team leader I have held numerous Facebook parties with great success and train my team to use them as another option to the live party.
What kinds of tips can you share about holding and online or Facebook party?
Did you ever have one? If so, please share in the comment section below about your experiences!