Superstitious October Theme Party: Plan Early!
Don’t be Superstitious this time of year…
Throw some salt over your shoulder and join me for a Superstition October theme party!!!
Gretchen Manmiller’s Favorite October Theme Party
Does this sound like FUN?
Would you want to attend?
This is one of my favorite theme parties and it is perfect for Friday the 13th and any party in October – it gets the hostess excited and makes the parties a lot of FUN!
Guests who receive this invitation are intrigued and know that the party will be something different!
So – what does a “Superstition” October theme party include?
Umbrellas open in the house, a guest guessing game and some “Name That Tune” songs!
All of these will help you get more sales and information on your business to your guests!
How? Well, read below to find out!
How October Theme Party Works
When guests arrive, give them a card that has the letters “wendeerorio” typed or written on the card.
Ask guests to fill out one of your company’s door prize slips and tell them that the letters on the card spell “One Eerie Word” and that when they figure out what the word means to write it down on the bottom of the door prize slip!
Tell them to make sure that they get the door prize slip to you before you start the party as anyone who turns it in will get a chance for a prize – even if they don’t get the word right.
The word by the way is “One Eerie Word”!
Make sure you say exactly “one eerie word” and repeat that if they start asking you things like, “This only spells one word?” “Do I have to use all the letters?”
Theme Show Winner
Pick a theme show winner – tell the guests the phrase and then start the party!
Start the party with a black umbrella (purchased at the dollar store) up!
This will always get their attention!! Begin the party!
Using an MP3 player and MP3 speakers (can purchase at almost any store now) to play the game Name that Tune.
Pick tunes that will help your business and then show a product quickly!
I have Hershey Kisses that I give out to the winner of the tune (I ask the hostess to help me pick the winner).
They can name the artist or song. One with the most Hershey Kisses at the end of the party gets a prize!
Here are a few song ideas that will go with our theme. I am sure you can come up with others for the party!
- “Ghost Town” by The Specials: Show your specials for the month for hostesses and customers.
- “Thriller” by Michael Jackson: Tell the guests how “Thrilled” you are to be in the hostess’ house and how she is receiving her FREE products and half price items by hosting a party! Pick a product that was on the hostess’ wish list!
- “Addams Family” Theme Song: Tell your guests that one of the best parts of the business is that you work around your “family’s” schedule!
- “Lucky” by Britney Spears: Tell guests how “Lucky” you are to be doing your business and some of the ways your home-based business has changed your life!
- “Superfreak” by Rick James: Show the guests YOUR favorite item and explain why you “Superfreak out” about that product!
- “Black Magic Woman” by Fleetwood Mac: Tell guests the products you sell are perfect for any woman. Tell guests that these products are perfect for not only the guests but as gifts for family members. Challenge guests to come up with people to give the items to! Give a Hershey Kiss for each idea!
- “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder: Tell your guests “not to be superstitious” about the products and explain your return policy.
- “Love Potion Number 9” by The Searchers: This is always the last song to be played. Thank the guests for coming. Do not show a product. Tell guests if they are searching for a great way to make a little extra income to talk to you or mark it down on their order form! You have the perfect way to help them achieve their dreams!
Tell guests to count their Hershey Kisses and then declare a show winner!!!
Tell them the Kisses are theirs and tell them the following superstition:
At midnight, couples embrace for a kiss to celebrate the New Year and to set the tone for the New Year. Some hold the superstition that failing to kiss someone ensures a year of loneliness!
Turn to the hostess and say – “How silly is that? I am sure you did not kiss all these friends last New Years and yet here you are with friends and family and what a silly superstition that is, as obviously they are loved and so are you!”
Thirty-One Gifts, Home Party Leader
Gretchen Manmiller is currently a Senior Executive Director for Thirty-One Gifts. She joined Thirty-One in April of 2007 and in June of 2009 she was able to quit her full-time job as a teacher and 18 months later promote to the highest paid position (Senior Executive Director) of Thirty-One in March of 2010.
She has been a facilitator for the past three Thirty-One National Conferences.
Her best accomplishment with Thirty-One is watching the amazing women on her team achieve their dreams.
Gretchen’s motto is “It is not about YOU, it is about THEM!”