Home Party Selling Focuses On Benefits!
Features never sell products. Benefits sell products.
When you are talking about your products, opportunity or services in home party selling situations or even just out and about, be sure that you are creating pictures using the benefits of a product so your guests visualize themselves using them.
The key is to create desire for your products, opportunities and services no matter what your business model is.
Features Are Facts About Your Business Product
A feature is just a fact about your product.
What are the facts about your product or your services?
- The ball is orange.
- The whisk is stainless steel.
- The lip balm is petroleum free.
- The vest is a polyester/cotton blend.
- You earn free trips
Benefit = How You Change Lives
- Lots of kids came up to Johnny to play because of his bright orange ball.
- The ball was easy to find when Johnny kicked it into the woods.
- You can put this stainless steel whisk in the dishwasher.
- This whisk will last a lifetime because it will never rust.
- The lip balm does not dry out your lips even more.
- This lip balm will stop the lip balm addiction, as it actually soothes your skin instead of drying it out more.
- You can put this vest in the dryer because it is a poly blend.
- You will never worry about this vest shrinking.
- I took my husband on an all-expense paid vacation to Cancun!
Home Party Selling Technique
This feature and benefit comparison will work with any product, opportunity or service.
Just sit down and list the features of all your products, offers or services. Then, next to the features, write a list of the benefits to the person.
After you have a list of 20 then turn the features and benefits into short stories that you can sprinkle everywhere you go.
This home party selling benefits worksheet may help to keep you on track!
Write Emotional Stories To Sell
People buy emotionally.
Home party plan businesses work because of the emotional connection that is created between people.
The next step in creating desire is to create an emotionally charged statement with each feature and benefit on your list.
People shop and purchase emotionally, so create and memorize statements that draw out the emotional benefits of a product.
- Johnny is so excited with the new friends he made at the park today, while playing with his orange ball.
- I can’t believe I will never have to buy another wire whisk in my whole entire life! And it goes in the dishwasher too!
- Ever since I started using this lip balm, my husband has commented on how soft my lips are.
- Today I was rushing around and just pulled this vest straight out of the dryer and threw it on. Wash, dry and wear. It is so simple!
- My husband and I renewed our wedding vows on the beach in Cancun — all expenses paid by MyFantasticCompany!
Get in the habit of sprinkling these emotionally charged statements or short stories in your life and in all conversations as well as at the home party so that people can connect everywhere you go.
The law of attraction will work for you when you share the benefits of your products, services and opportunities at the grocery store, the mini-market, the hairdressers, the dry cleaners, at the show, at the dog kennel………